Saturday, October 21, 2006

:: It's A Long Way To Go, Baby...

I swear, climbing Great Wall is trully pain in the ass! While I and my friends were trying really really hard to get to the top, we practically had break every couple of minutes! Xiu xi, xiu xi! FYI, there's only for the opened section of Mutianyu Great Walll, apart from the Great Wall itself.
Although it was a quite exhaustive trip, we all agreed that Great Wall is really worth of our times, worth of our energy, after all it's really a worth it trip. It wasn't a skimpy building we were looking at, but it is both gigantic and colossal bulding.
You may want to know why we called this trip, a very exhaustive one. ahh, you should have known...and here is what we've found:
"The total length of the openend section is 3000 metres. There are 26 towers, platforms, and garrison castles in all. "
Even the fittest student in class, swore under his breath every minutes during the walk. hehe..

7 Comments:

Blogger Fay said...

Well... I must say that I cheated when I "climbed" the Great Wall -- I took the cable tram, therefore I never experienced the sense of achievement when you finally get to the top after all the walking. So to think of it, it's really worth the energy!

21/10/06 11:34 AM  
Blogger Jing said...

:P
hahah...so how is your hip now??
Um...i think its a worth trip!
Remember that? "He who does not reach the Great Wall is not a true man"...

have a nice weekend...
...Jing

21/10/06 1:46 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

The Great Wall is truly a world wonder and something that must be magnificent to see. Think how lucky you were to be there when many of us only see it in books and on television. Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

21/10/06 2:35 PM  
Blogger JaamZIN said...

when I climbed to the great wall I was thinking: to climb here as tourist is ok...but I wouldnt want to attack it:)

22/10/06 4:12 PM  
Blogger Pierre said...

To walk on the great wall... Wow, a true dream !

23/10/06 1:10 AM  
Blogger Mountainboy said...

What a great achievement though! Building the wall and walking it.

23/10/06 9:07 AM  
Blogger Nathalie H.D. said...

Very exciting trip to the Great Wall, would love to go there. I'll need to work on my fitness first!!!
LOL

24/10/06 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home