Tuesday, October 03, 2006

:: Welcome to Beijing!


This is may be a late introduction posting, but anyway it's better late than never :)

First thing I'd like to say it is such a privilege to finally get involved in such an awesome community. I've always been a big fan of daily city photos, and i think the idea behind this community is great. And i'm glad that now i'm part of it.

And now this is time to know a lil bit about me :) My name is Fivin, currently resides in Beijing (well, obviously!), China. I was born in Jakarta, Indonesia so I'm originally an Indonesian. In 2002, I went to Melbourne, Australia for my further study and had lived there for four years. Melbourne has always become my beloved city and will always get a special place in my heart.

In June 2006, I finished my Postgraduate program from Monash University. I left Melbourne for good on 25th August 2006. It was such an emotional day for me, being detached from such a wonderful city and friends :(

However, life goes on. I decided to take language course in Beijing and currently study at Bei Jing Yu Yuan Da Xue. I love to learn other languages, especially Asian's. I like it when I have to learn characters, and being able to read those characters and to understand what they're trying to say. It feels like breaking mysterious codes! :D

Talking about photography, I'm a completely amateur. I don't have a SLR camera or anything professional, although I'm dying to get one :p Even so, I love to take picture of everything and sharing them. I enjoy taking pictures of things I consider special, unique and bizzare. And this city is just too interesting to be missed...

I arrived at Beijing on 11th September, so I'm quite a newbie. Until now, I still speak completely broken Chinese and have not much knowledge about this city. Although now I'm learning and trying my best to understand and to get adapted in this city. And by becoming a Beijing Daily Photo's contributor, is really a special challenge for me. I'm learning something while I'm posting...

I also would like to say thank you for so many friendly welcome and comments from blogger fellows worldwide. It is so great knowing that you are warmly welcomed and to know that our contributions are well acknowleged. Thank you so much.

Hope you enjoy the photos, as I enjoy posting them :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it would be interesting to see Beijing through an expat. eyes :)

3/10/06 4:23 PM  
Blogger John said...

Hi , and thanks again for the link to my site. You first few days have been great and I love this photo today... very grand. Keep up the good work.

PS you can delete the SPAM messages like the one above in the blogger settings pages.

3/10/06 6:27 PM  
Blogger Curly said...

Is this THE famous square?

By the way I'm glad you join Daily Photo and opened new eyes for us.

Curly's Photoshop

6/10/06 4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home