Tuesday, October 31, 2006

:: XiAn City Wall

Unlike other city I've ever been to, Xi'An has impressed me the very first time I stepped my feet outside the railway station. This city is so special, you will be able to see the City Wall that encircles the whole city of Xi'An. This genuine landmark was first built in 14th century, with 11.9 kms length and divided into 4 main doors; east, south, west and north. For defencing purpose in past dynasties, the wall has been well equiped with 5,984 arrows-shooting holes and 98 ramparts.

Until this very moment, Xi'An Wall is still the biggest and best preserved city wall of ancient China.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ineke said...

Wow, did you take this at a very early hour or is it always this quiet in the streets?

31/10/06 9:19 PM  
Blogger Kala said...

that is some pretty intimidating wall with all those arrow shooting holes! Interesting such a poteitially dangerous fortress is also very nice looking

4/11/06 5:35 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

I have been looking at a lot of your pictures, and they are lovely. I have a question (and I hope I don't appear too rude). In many of the outdoor pictures the air quality seems horrific. I saw Beijing on TV recently, and you could barely see infront of you for what I assume was air pollution.

Am I correct? What is it like living in it? Are some times worse than others?

10/11/06 11:04 AM  
Blogger Leif Hagen said...

Ni how! Ni how! You had some beautiful photos! Please come back and show us new pictures of Beijing! Kind regards from the "Birthday boy" at EAGAN daily photo in Minnesota, USA

15/6/09 12:04 AM  
Blogger Lucas Kain said...

Leif, It's probably Ni Hao, not how. :)

___
call Nepal

4/8/11 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home